Remodeling your bathroom can entail multiple activities and the particular approach adopted will depend on your particular objectives. In general terms, such a project should be designed to enhance the appearance and functionality of this space. Focusing on the latter is arguably more crucial than improving aesthetics, as a working bathroom is more important than a pretty one. If you’re dealing with limited space and looking to integrate a luxurious experience, you might have to choose between a garden bathtub and a walk-in shower – as integrating both solutions would lead to a cramped environment.
In simple terms, a garden bathtub can be defined as a tub that is larger than a standard-sized basin. In general, this option measures at least 60 inches long, 40 inches wide, and 20 inches deep. However, these measurements aren’t written in stone and there are numerous dimensions available in the market. This type of tub is typically a stand-alone basin that is deep enough for one to submerge their entire body. They’re also known as soaking tubs and are available in multiple designs. These tubs first gained popularity in hotels and spas before crossing over to the residential sector. Framingham MA Bathroom Remodeling contractors usually integrate these tubs when looking to implement a spa-like design.
A walk-in shower refers to a bathroom layout with no doors or panels. The shower is an open area and is not enclosed by any walls. In most cases, the walk-in layout will consist of a stretch that represents the shower area that opens to the rest of the room. Instead of an enclosure that surrounds the shower, a wet room screen is installed to contain the splashback.
Pros and Cons of Garden Bathtubs
Some of the primary benefits you can enjoy with a Framingham MA Bathroom Remodeling project involving a garden bathtub include:
- Garden tubs offer a sense of luxury and elegance with the layout of your bathroom, serving as a focal point and enhancing aesthetics in the process.
- These fixtures also provide higher levels of relaxation with your experience as it allows you to fully immerse your body in the water, allowing you to enjoy a good soak with your bath.
- Soaking tubs are available in a wide variety of shapes and designs, allowing individuals to find a style that suits their particular needs.
Some of the cons you might encounter with a garden bathtub include:
- Garden bathtubs aren’t ideal for small bathrooms because of their size, meaning this solution isn’t suitable for all homes.
- The fixtures and installation package can also tend to be a bit more expensive than standard-sized tubs. They also use significantly more water, which raises utility expenses in the process.
Pros and Cons of Walk-in Showers
Some of the benefits you can enjoy with walk-in showers include:
- This layout is ideal for small bathrooms, as shower cubicles can seem quite bulky in restricted spaces.
- Walk-in showers are also easy to maintain, as you’ll be dealing with a simple glass screen and the floor when cleaning.
- Its easy access also makes them ideal for individuals with limited mobility.
Some of the cons of walk-in showers include:
- This layout can raise the moisture and humidity levels of the bathroom as it lacks an enclosure. This can encourage molding without an adequate AC solution.
- If the screen is not installed correctly, you might suffer consistent splashback leading to the need to mop the floors after every bath.
For the best shower solutions in the industry, call us today! Exponential construction is your preferred contractor!